The Arctic Trucks AT44 6X6 was first used in Antarctica during the season 2010/11. It has been used as a supporting vehicle in large expeditions and has crossed Antarctica several times. This vehicle is street legal in Iceland.
The AT44 6X6 has proved to be a reliable and efficient choice for complicated tasks. Its main advantage are:
- Total weight 3.5-5 ton
- Unique load capabilities
- Greater capabilities in the snow
- More range capabilities
- Less fuel consumption than comparable vehicles
- Length: 6060 mm
- Width: 2300 mm
- Height: 2145 mm
- Wheelbase: 3080 mm/ 1200 mm
- Ground clearance – under body: 370 mm
- Ground clearance – mid vehicle: 480 mm
- Engine: 3.0L Diesel Common Rail 171hp 360 Nm
- Compliant with EURO 5.
- Gearbox: 5 speed automatic
- Transfer Case: Full time High and low range (2.6:1 in low).
- Crawler Gear: 2.6:1 in low
- Differential locks: 100% (front/rear/rear)
- Breaks front/rear: Disc/Drum/Drum
- Tires: 44×18.5/15
- Rims: Arctic Trucks 15×16”
- Suspension: Coil / Coil / Coil
- Fuel tanks: total 550 liters
- Integrated compressor
- EL: 12 V generator 960W + extra battery
- Power outlets as requested
- Tire pressure as low as 2 psi or 0.14 kg/cm3
- Net weight approx. 2.600 kg.
- Load capacity 2.000 kg.